Jan 11, 2013

Place worth searching for

Last summer me and my Mom took a train trip to one of the most picturesque places in our country, Sofiivsky Park,which is located in the northern part of Uman city. It was founded in 1796 by Court Stanislav Potock, a Polish noble. The park was named after his wife Sofiya, and built a gift on her Birthday( generous, huh?). By original idea of the architect, the park illustrates different parts of Homer`s poems Odyssey and Iliad.

We spent the entire day walking thruogh avenues of impressive old park, had very delicious shish kebab at the local cafe and returned home a bit tired but still very happy ! This splendid place will always hold a special place in my heart! Come and check it out yourself! It is definitely worth trying!





























P.S. All pics were taken by me and my Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment